What is Anaemia ?
Anaemia is a medical condition characterized by the lack of healthy blood cells in the body. It is reported as a low haemoglobin count in the blood. Haemoglobin is the primary protein found in red blood cells. It carries oxygen and supplies it to different parts of the body through the bloodstream. Therefore, deficiency of haemoglobin in the blood signifies that your blood cannot supply a sufficient quantity of oxygen to all the organs to allow them to function appropriately. This may eventually lead to anaemia.
While there are lots of drugstore remedies for curing anaemia, some home remedies have been found to create magical effects for anaemia patients. If you are feeling curious and wish to know more about home remedies for anaemia, read below.
Anemia symptoms ?
The symptoms of anemia can vary depending on the severity and underlying cause of the condition. Some common symptoms of anemia include:
1. Fatigue and weakness: This is one of the most common symptoms of anemia, and it can range from mild to severe. Anemic individuals may feel tired and weak, even after getting adequate rest.
2. Pale skin: Anemia can cause the skin to appear pale or white, especially in areas with less pigmentation, such as the face, palms, or inside of the mouth.
3. Shortness of breath: Anemia can lead to a ability of the blood to carry oxygen, which can result in shortness of breath, especially during physical activity.
4. Dizziness and lightheadedness: Anemic individuals may feel dizzy or lightheaded, especially when standing up or exerting themselves.
5. Headaches: Anemia can cause headaches, especially if the condition is severe.
6. Cold hands and feet: Anemia can cause a blood flow to the extremities, leading to cold hands and feet.
7. Chest pain: Severe anemia can cause chest pain or angina, especially if the heart is working harder to compensate for the lack of oxygen in the blood.
While it is important to seek medical for anemia, there are also several home remedies that may help to alleviate symptoms and improve overall health. Here are some examples:
# Home Remedies for Anaemia Are:
1. Increase Iron- Foods: Eating a diet in iron can help to improve anemia. Foods high in iron include red meat, poultry, fish, beans, lentils, tofu, spinach, and fortified cereals.
2. Vitamin C: Consuming foods high in vitamin C, such as oranges, tomatoes, and broccoli, can help to increase the absorption of iron from plant-based foods.
3. Folate and Vitamin B12: Consuming foods high in folate and vitamin B12 can also be helpful for anemia. Good sources include leafy green vegetables, fortified cereals, eggs, meat, and dairy products.
4. Avoid certain foods: Avoiding caffeine, tea, and calcium- foods, as they can interfere with iron absorption.
5. Herbal remedies: Certain herbal remedies such as nettle tea, dandelion tea, and yellow dock root have been traditionally used to help with anemia. However, it's important to consult a healthcare provider before trying any herbal remedies.
6. Get enough rest and exercise: Getting enough rest and regular exercise can also help improve anemia symptoms, as they can improve overall health and reduce fatigue.