Diabetic Diat Foods & Diabetic Diat List - GITA

Diabetic Diat Foods & Diabetic Diat List

Diet for diabetic patients depends on calories. The food list is prepared depending on the person's age, weight, height, occupation etc. Diabetic patients need to pay special attention to eating the right amount of food and eating at the right time. Here is a list of common diabetic foods.

Diabetes Food Chart:

If you suffer from diabetes then you need to have 40% carbohydrates, 40% fat and 20% protein in your total daily calories. For obese people, 60% of total calories should be carbohydrates, 20% fat and 20% protein.

Let us know what should be the ideal diet chart for diabetic patients along with some special instructions on how to control diabetes in a particular condition.

6 am - Mix half a teaspoon of fenugreek powder in a glass of water and drink it.
7 am - A cup of tea without sugar, along with 1-2 light sweet biscuits.
With breakfast you can have half a bowl of sprouted vegetables and a glass of milk without cream.
After 10 am - A small fruit or lemon water.
1 pm i.e. 2 loaves of lunch-mix batter, one bowl of rice, one bowl of dal, one bowl of curd, half a bowl of soybean or cheese curry, half a bowl of green vegetables and a plate of salad.
4 pm Tea – A cup of tea without sugar or sugar free or biscuits or toast or apple without sugar.
6 pm - Drink a cup of soup.
Dinner – two loaves of bread, one bowl of rice (brown rice twice a week) and one bowl of lentils, half a bowl of green vegetables and a plate of salad.
Drink a glass of milk without cream and sugar, as a result there is no danger of sudden sugar low at night.

Diabetic Diet List:

Morning:- One cup of cow's milk or sweet winter milk or one onion pakora or dal pakora with low-fat dairy products.
A slice of bread or white bread with olive oil dip or a slice of cheese.
A small fruit (apple, strawberry, grape, etc.).
A cup of water, tea or coffee (in powdered form).

Afternoon:- Two slices of Susti with low-carb vegetable soup or salad.
A cup of slow carb pulses with rice or any other rice.
A tuna or chicken salad or phrase salad with protein.
A slice of paratha or susti roti or flour misri mixed with low fat dairy products.

Evening or Night:- Slow carb vegetable soup with two slices of Susti.
A meat with protein, fish chargrilled or steamed or steamed vegetables with prepared pulses.
A slice of susti with low fat yogurt, a slice of paratha, susti roti or atta.

Tips:- Small amounts of carbohydrates should be estimated at each meal.
The amount of protein and fat per meal should be considered.
Enjoy nutritious fruits, vegetables and starchy products and drink plenty of water.

Back to blog

Discover the Power of Ayurveda with Our Authentic Products.